Thursday, September 15, 2011

Labor Day Weekend = Birthday Celebrations!

September started out with a slew of birthday celebrations. First party we went to was on September 3rd for Cousin Joey. It was his first birthday party and Ellia had been counting down the days to this party for weeks! Thanks to Aunt Wendy stopping into the toddler room when she picked Joey up from daycare almost every day and reminding Ellia that Mickey Mouse would be at the party kept my little lady asking night and day when Jojo's party was. When the day arrived she could hardly wait. I have to admit that Aunt Wendy and Uncle Jody did an amazing fun filled birthday celebration. I think that Saturday was one of the hottest days this summer however there was plenty to keep the kids cool. In the words of Ellia Renee, “The best party ever!”

There was not just one pool but 3 pools. Each one designed for different ages. Then the bouncy room, the balloon artist, water balloon’s and who could forget Mickey Mouse. Ellia was so excited to see Mickey but when she got up close she put the brakes on and would not take a picture with him. However she talked about him for a week or two after the party and we now have to play “party” at home, which includes singing Happy Birthday and visiting Mickey Mouse.. haha.


It was a wonderful day and party. Happy 1st Birthday Jojo! We love you so much and you are the best blessing that your family could ever ask for!


Nana’s birthday is September 2nd and my Sister and her husband Dave’s birthdays are both on September 5th. Well we just happen to celebrate Jen and Dave’s birthdays on Sunday the 4th. We headed over to Mimi and Papa Ollis house. Ellia had a blast playing with her cousin’s and of course singing happy birthday, eating cake and helping Aunt Jen and Uncle Dave open their presents. Hard to believe that last year at this time we were celebrating their birthdays in Myrtle Beach. Happy Birthday Aunt Jen and Uncle Dave! You look wonderful!


Oh and we had to get a picture of me at 36 weeks! Only had 4 weeks left to go!


Then Monday we celebrated Nana’s birthday at our house. It was the first party / event we have had at our place since we moved in and it went rather well despite the rainy weather. We got some great shots of Nana with her grandkids, again Ellia loved playing with baby Hannah, Magerie and Garrett, eating cake and helping open presents.

And the funniest part of the day was Ellia joining Daddy, Papa and Uncle Korey for a game of poker.

I had to take off that Tuesday just to recoup from all the parties! You know it is getting bad when almost every morning Ellia asks what party we are going to that day. Of course the rest of September remains just as busy with events happening almost every weekend. I hope my little guy holds off until October. He may just want to come out and celebrate too.
Ellia is getting super excited for her brother. She has been helping me get things ready for him like washing his clothes, putting them away and organizing all his baby stuff. We have put up a couple baby items around the house, like the pack and play as well as a little rocker, and she of course has her babies using them already. She really likes coming with me to my doctor appointments to listen to his heart beat. She will talk to my belly and loves to feel him kicking. I think this change from a family of 3 to 4 will be a good thing but bitter sweet to me as I am starting to realize just how big my little lady is getting. And I’m starting to realize just how big I’m getting. Haha… we could go any day now but I think he might take after his sister and be late… Until next time… Love and Blessings as always.

No comments: