Friday, December 16, 2011

Ellia Turns 3!

Well here it is a month later and I am just getting to write about my little lady turning 3.  Where does the time go?! (I feel like a broken record with that comment. haha.) They have been the best 3 years of my life! How she brightens up every day and makes this little life of ours even more wonderful. 

We wanted her birthday week to be special so we tried to do a lot of activities the week leading up to her birthday.  We took her to Moon Park one day and enjoyed a picnic lunch under the fall trees.  Then she played her little heart out, all the while trying to make friends with other kids at the park. That evening Uncle Korey came out to celebrate her birthday a little early since he would not be able to make her party.  We took her to get some chicken wings and I think she ate Kevin and Korey under the table!  The next day we went shopping for her party at Cost Co’s and then took her to pick out her birthday cake at Giant Eagle. Of course she picked a Tangled cake! Click on the link to see more pictures leading up to her big day. Ellia's Birthday Week!
On Thursday night I decorated the dining room with streamers, balloons and princess items for her party on Saturday.  She woke up in amazement and pure excitement for the festivities to begin. Her birthday (November 11th) was on a Friday this year and we told her we would take her to wherever she wanted to go. So it was off to Chuck E Cheese for the day.  She had a blast playing games, riding, eating pizza, seeing Chuck E and wining prizes.  Dominic slept through the whole thing but showed his enthusiasm later on with in his little brother shirt! Click on the link for even more pictures from this fun filled day! Chuck E Cheese Birthday!

On Saturday the 12th Ellia couldn’t wait to put on her party gear. She loved her party room and I often found her dancing away in the room before the guest arrived. We invited immediate family and the cousins were told to dress as their favorite princess character. Samantha came as Sleeping Beauty and Magerie as Snow White.  It was a true princess party and I know that Ellia had a blast playing with her cousins.  Here is a link to more birthday pictures. Ellia's 3rd Birthday Party!

 
As Kevin said the blessing over the food that day, we found ourselves emotionally thankful for this little lady so full of life that God has blessed us and entrusted to us. This past year she has again amazed us with her own little personality.  Just to know this person God so uniquely designed is beyond my imagination.  How brave and mature she seemed to get when we moved into our new house. And then becoming a big sister.  She extends such a genuine love towards her little brother and I know she will always protect him.  Her motherly love is one of her  gifts from above. Her sense of humor can bring a smile to anyone’s face.  Her love for animals, babies, friends, family and for Jesus are just some of the wonderful qualities I see developing more and more. There are so many things I would love to teach and instill to Ellia.  The most important of them all is to Love the Lord with all her Heart.  There is a song by the Sidewalk Prophets called “The Words I Would Say” and I every time I hear this song I pray that I will be able to teach my children the truth that is clearly expressed in these words.  So I leave this post with these lyrics and hope that one day my daughter will read this and be able to agree that her mother and father loved her so much and helped her to know the truth that truly set her free.  Happy 3rd Birthday my dear sweet Ellia Bean~ Your Daddy and Mommy love you so very much.


I'd tell you just what you mean to me,

I'd tell you these simple truths,
Be strong in the Lord and,

Never give up hope,
You're going to do great things,
I already know,
God's got His hand on you so,
Don't live life in fear,
Forgive and forget,
But don't forget why you're here,
Take your time and pray,
Thank God for each day,
His love will find a way,
These are the words I would say




No comments: