Thursday, November 4, 2010

Fall Events so far!

Fall events have been keeping us busy and I apologize for not posting updates more often. The weather has been amazing on the weekends and we tried to take advantage of that as much as possible. Now it is true fall with almost all leaves off the trees and the weather staying right around 60, if we are lucky.
I’m writing to you on the last day of my 20’s! It seems so surreal to me that I will be 30 because when I was young I thought that was so old. I don’t feel any older and I fear I’m crossing over to that bracket where you never feel like you get older but you do! However it isn’t a bad thing at all. Keeps you young at heart and willing to keep on trucking.


Enough about me though. Let me do some brief recaps on what has been happening in our lives.

Shopping trips with the girls! This was a blast to hang out with all the girls (and Garrett). Great Grandma Wenzel got to enjoy her great grandkids, Nana enjoyed herself as well and Magerie and Ellia had fun shopping together.



Cousin’s hanging out at Papa and Nana’s. Too cute is all I can say.



Play Dough time with Dada


Going to different parks while the weather was nice was a must!


Julia’s baby shower. Julia and Adam Curry (cousins) are having a little girl named Resse in December. Magerie and Ellia had fun eating the cupcakes and playing with cousin Gracie! We got to see baby Joseph for the first time. What a cutie and the Aunts had fun with the babies. I made the bin that we put our gifts in from Nana, Kristin, Kelly, myself and the girls. It was hard work but turned out nice.


We also celebrated Isabella’s 1st birthday party one weekend. Isabella is our very good friends Nick and Angela’s little girl. It was a Wiggles themed birthday party and it was incredible. Angela is an art teacher and she made most of the decorations you see. There were over 100 people there and so many kids. They hired entertainment and the kids had a blast singing and dancing along. They got party hats and then there was game time. Different games were set up all over the room and the kids got tickets to hand in and get a prize. We arrived and 1 and left at 4…action packed day with never a dull moment. Ellia loved it. I included a video of her and some of the kids dancing.

And then there was Halloween. We did trick or treating on Thursday at South Hills Village Mall with my parents and my sister and the kids. Mimi got Ellia a Cinderella costume so she wore that but would not put the crown on or hold her wand. She liked eating candy while we walked around more. Alex was a pirate and Samantha was Minnie Mouse. Papa loved his candy bars too!



The weekend of Halloween we visited with Great Grandma Angelo (GG) and Ellia showed off her party tutu dancing around. Daycare had a pumpkin patch day and Ellia was super excited about her pumpkin. She kept cleaning it. We exchanged fun treat gifts with our neighbor Max before trick or treating. Max was Elmo and Ellia was fascinated by his costume. However she didn’t quite like her cow costume that Nana got her. She was okay with it only if the hat part was not on…as you can see from the photo. She loved helping pass out candy and would sometimes pretend people were knocking on our door just so we would open it. Sometimes she would take the treats out of the bowl she didn’t want others to have. Too funny.

Oh my little moo cow. You will be two next week! You are my joy and I love you so much. Thank you Lord for your wonderful blessings!
Well next post will be about my 30th experience and probably Ellia’s birthday. Until then, enjoy this fall foliage with those you love. Blessing to you!

1 comment:

Janice said...

You guys have been busy, busy, busy as always:) You are so blessed to live near your extended family. Little Ellia is getting so big! TWO next week?!? The last time I saw you she was just a little bean in your cute little belly! Can't believe it has been that long! Miss you guys!