Thursday, June 3, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

Kevin and I both took off Friday to have a nice 4 day weekend. I would like to say that everything we planned to accomplish this weekend happened however things always have a way of changing! I unfortunately broke part of a tooth on Thursday night and needed to go to the dentist Friday. Good thing Nana has ties. So Ellia and I headed to the dentist Friday and Kevin got to go golfing!!! Not a fair trade off at all! Ellia enjoyed hanging out with Nana in her office chair while I got to find out that I need a root canal!!! Ugh! We ended up going to lunch with Nana and the day didn’t end too badly. Here are some fun pics of ellia in Nana’s chair.


Saturday we helped move Aunt Kelly and Uncle Ron into their new house. A bunch of the Angelo / Curry clans helped out too. Ellia had fun seeing the family, helping us clean and playing with her cousin Magerie. Congratulations Kelly and Ron! May many wonderful memories grow out of God’s blessing on your new house!


Sunday we went to church and then that afternoon headed to the pool!!! Ellia was a little leery at first about the pool but we soon found we wouldn’t be able to keep her out of the water. She had fun in the baby pool walking around and playing and then enjoyed floating in her ladybug in the big pool. She loved having snacks during her breaks from the water and soon enough she fell asleep in her stroller after all the swimming she did!


Monday Ellia and I headed over to my old neck of the woods, Bethel Park , for the Memorial Day parade and ceremony. We met Papa and Mimi Ollis and ALL the Barkers (Jen , her family and her in-laws). It was a surreal moment as I watched the band that I marched in 10 YEARS AGO!!!! Wow!! This was the last parade for our band director and for my Majorette instructor! Ellia had fun hanging out with her cousins, eating apples and fishes, waving her flag and running around in the field. This also brought back many memories of my grandfather who was a captain in the Marines. He would march in the parade every year and was the oldest member of his retired marine core group. How he would have loved to see his family and great grandchildren carrying on in tradition. The ceremony that followed was a wonderful way to honor all those that keep our country safe and free. What a blessed day!


We then headed to Mimi and Papa’s for lunch and the kids had so much fun acting silly together.

The weekend gave us a taste of the pleasures of Summer and we look forward to many more fun filled days. Until next time, blessings to you all!

1 comment:

Janice said...

Looks like it was such a fun weekend (minus the dentist visit:-) I love looking at your pictures...although it makes me miss you guys. Glad you are doing well:-)