Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a blessed Christmas and New Year these past couple of weeks. I finally got a new camera a couple days before Christmas. I was able to capture some of the fun throughout the weeks. I was extremely lucky enough to be off between Christmas and New Years. Ellia’s daycare was closed during this time so I took off to be home with her and it was wonderful! I already miss her dearly now that I am back to work. She just changes so much and is getting to be such a ham! I love everything about her. She is my sunshine and makes me smile even when she is acting bad or naughty I should say. What a true gift from above!



Wednesday the 23rd was Ellia’s daycare Christmas party. Santa came and we tried to get her to sit with him but in the end mommy had to sit with Santa in order for Ellia to. Christmas eve we joined the Angelo’s at church and for dinner, Christmas day was great in the morning opening gifts. Ellia loved to unwrap her presents but would get distracted with one toy and soon would not want to open the rest. Her favorite so far is the xylophone and the sticks that go with it. However she carries them around and usually tries to hit everything with them. Then we had a little accident that caused us some great stress and worry. While in the tub, the shower head we have can be taken down and used like a hand held sprayer. Well it fell from its connection and managed to hit my little baby in the face right under her eye. It gave her a cut and we thought the worst happened. It looked terrible at first as her little eye started to get puffy and bruised. But it ended up just being a cut and she really never got a horrible black eye at all. So some of these pictures she looks like a little girl who just got in a fight. This delayed all Christmas activities and I was exhausted after visiting with my side of the family and then heading to Kevin’s parents again. By the end of the day I think Ellia expected to get a present where ever we went.

My week with Ellia was fantastic. We had lunch with various friend and family as well as did some shopping. Such girl fun. New Years eve we just hung out at the house as a family. Ellia was up until about 10:30 and then finally went to bed. New Years Day we got some great shots with cousin Magerie.



Ellia is so funny these days. Walking around and talking more and more. We say baby now, we are working on yellow, purple, Jesus and counting.. and she also knows some more sign language too. She loves to play with Vader as well. And the best thing lately is that she dances all the time. I love to watch her. It makes me laugh. She sticks her little bum out and bounces.. sometimes she marches and other times she moves her head back and forth almost like a robot..i laugh so hard sometimes it makes me cry. Tears of joy! She is such a little independent person. She tells you when she wants things and where she wants to go.. She is 14 months today. Wow! This past weekend we were at the mall and we let her walk around the store.. she looked like she was shopping and I just had to take some pictures to share with all of you. Well sorry this is so late but work has been super busy for me lately as well as home life. I hope everyone is keeping warm. We have yet to take Ellia in the snow but I am sure someday soon when it isn’t so cold out.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Aren't they so much fun at this age? It only keeps getting better and better! She is so precious and I loved reading about all her accomplishments! I really hope we'll get to meet her one day and introduce her to Abby and Jake. Miss you guys:-)