Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Baptized In Christ

Sunday was Ellia's Baptism. We chose to have her baptized at Kevin's parent's church. This church is also important to me since it is the place I accepted Jesus with my whole heart. It was a more intimate ceremony and one we will never forget. We had about 50 people come to celebrate with us. Kevin's sister Kelly and her fiance Ron sang. Kevin's dad also sang and did a reading for the presenting of the church tithes. Ellia did better than expected. She cried when the water was poured on her head. When the pastor held her up to the crowed, we all smiled and laughed and she stopped and stared at all of us as if she knew this was her moment. Then the pastor asked all those who would like to come up to congratulate her. It was so nice and gave Kevin and I a chance to see everyone that came. The gown she wore has a very special value to it since it was both my sister's and my baptism dress. From the bonnet to the shoes and blanket, she looked adorable. I of course cried through most of the service as I reflected on my quiet prayers last year around this time asking the Lord to bless us with a baby. Ellia is a Hebrew name that actually means "answered prayer". The day for me was a way for us to say Thank You to God for entrusting us with raising her. She is a miracle and a true gift from God. What a memorable day of professing our obedience to raise her in the Lords unwavering grace.
After the service we had a wonderful luncheon in the church hall. Food was prepared by numerous loving hands and the cake was from Bethel Bakery (the best bakery ever!)

Today, Ellia is 15 weeks old. She talks to us so much more and seems to be aware of her surroundings. Kevin and I catch her in a fake cry which we can usually turn into a smile. I call her little miss priss but when she is sleeping she looks just like a perfect angle. She also grabs at things now like her pacifier, fingers, my hair and her bottle. Only one more month to enjoy every day with her until I go back to work.

1 comment:

Janice said...

What a little angel! I'm so glad her Baptism day was went so well:-) I never knew what her name meant...How perfect! Children really are answered prayers and I sometimes can't believe how incredibly blessed I am to have my little one. And it only continues to get better and better:-) God Bless you guys for your decision to raise her in Christ! May He be faithful to you and call her one of His own.